Friday 2 September 2011

The warm up

  Hi there, so at the request of my mom away from my mom I"m starting a blog, actually the request was more of a demand and the demand was to write in more of a general sense. After some light laughter and thought on the idea memories from my youth started floating around in my head mush, how theraputic it was to sit down and read a good book, to pluck words from my imagination and attempt to form coherent sentinces with them on paper. At the peak of my interest in producing quality literature my wonderful mother was able to find me a typewriter, which I"m sure predated Shakespeare but what it lacked in technology and working parts it more then made up for with character and a certain satisfaction I'm sure can only be shared with math nerds who solve calculus problems on an abacus. I spent hours on that thing, hundreds of trees worth of absolute drivel strewn about my office(bedroom). Sadly the present version of myself has neither read nor written more then a paragraph in years, I could blame the media and video games all day but in the end I'm a fat lazy turd who cringes at the thought of the effort required to even turn a page. Though I have no desire to let the preteen me rise from the ashes like a nerdy little phoenix, I wholeheartedly believe that should a person find themselves in a proverbial rut the best way to climb out is to take a trip down memory lane and return with something that brought positivity to their life, something they lost somewhere along the way. While I am quite content with my rut free life at the moment I am on a quest to become more the person I want to be rather then the person that I am, more then the person I am. 

 I figured starting a blog would be the best rout because I dont think my overly descriptive fantasy short stories or my painfully copyright infringing rehashed Michael Crichton novels would be met with much sincear approval from Momma Schmidt. Since blogs are basicly the hot dogs of interweb expression (by that I mean there really is no guide line to what its contents are, just throw a bunch of crap into a blender, wrap it in a digestable adhesive and boom! you got yourself a meal) I figured that would be my expressive medium, and like our favorite falic shaped 'meat' product my blogging will contain no nutritional value and will quite possibly contribute to the deteriation of your brain cells.
 Sorry that got a little motivational speakerish.
 I will also apologize in advance to any gramar natzies, my gramatacal and spelling skills a bit sub par and I"m sure my future posts will be riddled with errors.

 Until next time, k, bye.

1 comment:

  1. Ha! Lovely, Mr. Town. I'm glad that you openly admitted your lack of skill as a grammarian (it's pretty awful, and, yes, I am a member of the Grammar Police). Moving on, your wit astounds me so I shall keep reading in the future.

    ReplyDelete