Monday 12 September 2011

9/11, Ninja Keys and Distractions.

  I had intended on getting a piece of pixelated literature up this weekend but my brief attempts to sit down and type were met with sever lack-of-focus attacks and immediate cravings to play Fallout 3. At any rate I have several almost started blogs on the go that I hope will finish themselves in the next few days. So in an attempt to fill the gap created by disappointment I thought I'd put up the fragment of my thoughts from 9/11 that I had managed to translate in to text. I've also got, what I hope is, an amusing tale of my morning and the pranks my possessions enjoy playing on me.

9/11

 Hard to believe its already been ten years....and a day. I remember watching Dragon Ball Z while enjoying some delicious breakfast when the Town family phone began to ring. It was my good friend Ryan calling with a question 'you watching TV?' he asked 'yah man Goku is about to go super saiyan its awesome' I reply 'well change the channel to.. any channel' he demands. Finding his request extremely odd I comply just in time to watch the second plane disappear into the wall of glass and steel. It took several seconds for my brain to register what was actually happening, such a surreal sight how could you possibly process it. Sitting in my parents basement I watched the news in absolute bewilderment as 9/11 made its mark in history until it came time to head off to work.
  So ten years later there are still two thoughts lingering in my mind that I dont think have answers or at least answers that will bring me any clarity on human nature. It absolutely floors me that we as humans have the capacity within ourselves to let loose such devastation upon each other. I also have a hard time grasping why humanity is so eager to suffer vicariously though others, is it that we truly have that much sympathy for those directly effected? Or so when our turn to suffer is upon us we will feel better emotionally equipped to cope? Or perhaps its some misguided sense of belonging, a monkey see monkey do type complex? Don't get me wrong I have endless sympathy for the families effected and I am thankful beyond measure that none of my family and friends were anywhere near NY when the towers fell.


Ninja Keys

  Its a simple fact of science, your brain cannot fully function at 3:45am. If you are awake at this hour you're either shit fuck wasted or you're lack of intelligence has no bounds and you're just starting your day. For me it was the latter, stumbling about Jan's house like a ghoul pushing stuff I think may be required for either work or the gym into a bag. Brushing my teeth while staring at a blurry faceless stranger in the mirror, removing items from the fridge that I think may be edible for my lunch. As I leave the front door I realize I don't have my keys, a necessity for both using my means of transportation and gaining access to the gym I was headed to at such a offensive hour. Back into my bedroom I shuffle, first looking in the usual places.. the desk, window sill, bed sheets, floor, vent, dresser thing. Fudge I though, did I leave them on the porch railing yesterday afternoon? Back outside I go looking along the porch and railing followed by underneath the porch and along the sidewalk.. no dice. Once again I was back inside the house grabbing my spare set of keys, I'm too fucking tired to deal with keys, fuck you keys!! I'll just have to explain to the front desk attendant that my scan card is on my keys and I lost them rescuing small children and puppies from a fire. Upon arrival at the gym the attendant was nowhere in sight, BOOSH!! I jump, dive and ninja roll my way to the change room.. safe. Workout clothes on and ready to go I grab my Nikes, as I tilt it to slide it on to my foot MY FUCKING KEYS FALL OUT... at some point between Sunday afternoon and Monday morning my keys had snuck into my gym shoes and curled up nice and comfy like in the toe. My stuff does this to me on a semi regular basis, I'll find my wallet baked into a pizza or past due bills hiding in the trash pretending to be garbage.

I would like to add how outrageously hard it is to write while listening to dubstep, or anything that isnt excessivly mellow.. try it.

K, bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment